• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Not Sure if right forum..

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

Showlow

What is the name of your state? California
My friend was "rousted" by police and was in possesion of my .22 pistol (legal..registered to me). Since he was not the owner of the weapon, the police "confiscated" the weapon, wrote him a receipt, and told him, I (as the registered owner) would have to pick the gun up. No charges were filed on my friend who had the weapon. This occured in California, I live in Arizona. I drove over to Ca. and tried to pick up the weapon. The Police representitive informed me the weapon was being held as "evidence", but could not elaborate, but I was told to call back. I called again, and was informed that this was an "old" case and somehow fell through the cracks, that the DA would have to look at this. The weapon was confiscated in October 2002, and I tried to get my gun back the first week of June of this year. My question is, do I have any recourse such as filing a small claims against the city PD to give me back my legally registered gun? It has been 8 months since the weapon was taken, and since there was no crime involved, I fail to see whats taking so long to return my property to me.

H

hexeliebe

You're right, this is the wrong forum. And you said nothing about contacting the District Attorney's office to determine the status of the "Case".

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">