• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Not sure if this would hold up in small claims court

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

hydrofairy

NY

I had a car accident on the highway next to a exit ramp that has work being done to it. Apparantly the construction company dropped a large metal object onto the highway and didnt bother to get it out of the way. Of course I hit it with my car. I had to replace the tire, and the car needs some autobody work and a new rim. I filed a small claim through NYSDOT who then forwarded my claim to the construction company. The construction company contacted 1 time in January to ask me some questions and I never heard back from them again. I placed a follow up phone call to them and still didnt hear anything. I also called the NYSDOT back and they also have a representative working on my case trying to contact the construction company. I was thinking about taking the construction company to small claims court to get the money that is needed to repair my automobile.

S

seniorjudge

hydrofairy said:
NY

I had a car accident on the highway next to a exit ramp that has work being done to it. Apparantly the construction company dropped a large metal object onto the highway and didnt bother to get it out of the way. Of course I hit it with my car. I had to replace the tire, and the car needs some autobody work and a new rim. I filed a small claim through NYSDOT who then forwarded my claim to the construction company. The construction company contacted 1 time in January to ask me some questions and I never heard back from them again. I placed a follow up phone call to them and still didnt hear anything. I also called the NYSDOT back and they also have a representative working on my case trying to contact the construction company. I was thinking about taking the construction company to small claims court to get the money that is needed to repair my automobile.
Sure, sue them.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">