• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

nude pictures/my reputation/emotional stress

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

MandiG

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? California- A person who was a friend, didn't stick to our verbal agreement regarding payment of a lap top computer- so i recovered my property. This angered that person very much. Due to me previously living in her house, i accidentally forgot a bag full of personal letters & pictures (personal memorabilia)/including a roll of nude pictures of myself/ eventually she found them, and decided to use them to cause harm to my reputation & character because of the lap top situation. I live in the LA area now, and she lives in Sacramento- but I visit there every few months because of friends & family. And everytime I go visit now she won't leave me alone- and i've filed two "events" reports with local police. This has caused serious emotional distress, and huge headaches for me since September 2004. I wanted to just forget about it, but she's not letting up- So before it gets too out of hand, I want to take her to court & sue her for a breech of contaract & defamation of character ( I think it's considered Libel). I'm now stuck paying full price (more with interest) for a year & 1/2 old lap top, that should have been paid off by now- and my privacy is being violated by her showing people that we both know in the commuity of Sacramento & she sent them to this guy in LA, and know he's showing people I know over here. I don't know where to start, or how to go about this. If anyone has any advice & knowledge of the laws pertaining to this type of situation- it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for any type of help I can receive. :mad:

JETX

MandiG said:
I'm now stuck paying full price (more with interest) for a year & 1/2 old lap top, that should have been paid off by now
And EXACTLY how did this person prevent you from making timely payments on the computer???

and my privacy is being violated by her showing people that we both know in the commuity of Sacramento & she sent them to this guy in LA, and know he's showing people I know over here.
What you are describing is very likely a violation of your privacy rights, defamation, defamation per se, and a violation of the Electronic Communications Privacy Act.

I don't know where to start, or how to go about this.
You would start first by trying to decide whether it is worth it to pursue any claim. Your 'evaluation' should include whether you are willing to pay the money it will take in proceeding with litigation (several thousand $$'s), plus whether the defendant(s) have any assets to pursue in the event your lawsuit is successful.
If yes to both, then go see a local attorney.

S

seniorjudge

JETX said:
...What you are describing is very likely a violation of your privacy rights, defamation, defamation per se, and a violation of the Electronic Communications Privacy Act....
Quote:
and my privacy is being violated by her showing people that we both know in the commuity of Sacramento & she sent them to this guy in LA, and know he's showing people I know over here.

How is this a violation of the ECPA? Sounds to me like the sleazebag is just showing the prints he got back from the photo shop.

You Are Guilty

Since you two seem to be unwilling (afraid?) to ask the really difficult question, I'll do it:

OP: Are you female? If so (and only if so), we will need to see a sample nude photo to determine whether it constitutes a vaiolation of any state or federal statutes.

(If you are male, then no, it doesn't).

S

seniorjudge

Due to me previously living in her house, i accidentally forgot a bag full of personal letters & pictures (personal memorabilia)/including a roll of nude pictures of myself/ eventually she found them, and decided to use them to cause harm to my reputation & character

What is your reputation and character?

How do these pictures affect your reputation and character?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">