• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Okay I won but they will not pay

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mjohanna

What is the name of your state? California

I won my case in small claims course for $940.00 but the defendent claimed hardship. The courts granted her a motion for time payments. I was supposed to recieve my first payment the 1st of May. The motion states if it is not paid then the entire amount is due immediately. How do I collect? I looked at the forms on the superior court web site but didn't find the appropriate one. Can I garnish her wages?

Thanks for you advise in advance!

moburkes

What is the name of your state? California

I won my case in small claims course for $940.00 but the defendent claimed hardship. The courts granted her a motion for time payments. I was supposed to recieve my first payment the 1st of May. The motion states if it is not paid then the entire amount is due immediately. How do I collect? I looked at the forms on the superior court web site but didn't find the appropriate one. Can I garnish her wages?

Thanks for you advise in advance!
Do a search for this same subject on this forum. There are many like yours. The easy part is winning.

racer72

Visit a good book store and find a book by Nolo Press on small claims court for your state. It will explain in detail on how to collect your judgment.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">