• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Oklahoma Law

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

H

hardfreestyler

help out and old man.

Wht is the aname of your state? Oklahoma

I have won judgement in small claims court and i have order a access hearing.
1.At the access hearing they brought only a close bank statement.
i know the have two cars, home,land, and trailer.
2.We work out a weekly payment and had the judge so order it.
3. they stop making payments over two months.

My question is? if they bring no information this time what can i ask the judge to do?

My question is? my judgement is against the husband and here moves all access to wife name what can i do.

My last question is? in oklahoma is the wife liable for her husband debt?

thank you for helping.
hardfreestyler
[email protected]

Last edited:

S

suzeeh

Did you sue both the husband and the wife in the Petition?
Is Oklahoma a community property state? I believe it is in which case I would imagine she would be liable for his debts but am not positive.

H

hardfreestyler

suzeeh said:
Did you sue both the husband and the wife in the Petition?
Is Oklahoma a community property state? I believe it is in which case I would imagine she would be liable for his debts but am not positive.
I just sue the husband. I'll need to check this community property thing. this is my frist. thanks for the lead and if you can think of anything else please send.

JETX

"if they bring no information this time what can i ask the judge to do?"
*** Depends. Did you subpoena specific records?? If you don't request them, they are under no obligation to provide them.

"my judgement is against the husband and here moves all access to wife name what can i do."
*** If he has transferred ownership of assets to his wifes name in an effort to 'defraud the creditor' of access to them, you can request the court to void the transfers. To do this, you would need the services of an attorney.

"in oklahoma is the wife liable for her husband debt?"
*** This one is simple. Oklahoma is NOT a community property state, so the spouse is NOT liable for the debts of the other.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">