• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

old car still registered to my name- towed

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lostark

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?california. I sold my car over two years ago but didn't know i had to release the registration until the dmv garnished my paycheck (i hadn't received notices because of name change and moving). I couldn't find bill of sale so had no record of guy I sold car to. it was a cash deal for $600. the guy never registered the car. So I just received a notice from a collection agency that I owe $1700+ to a towing co for this old car. I had filed the release but it was incomplete ( i didn't have the buyers name and address). Am I totally screwed and have to pay this money or is there some way I can prove I didn't dump this car

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">