• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Old landlord suing for damages.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jcroskey

What is the name of your state? WV

I am going pr se on the 31st of this month agains a landlord that Came and told me he was gonna sell the house I live in on the 12 of April htis year. It was sold and final on the 17th, I get the eviction papers on the 17th and a civil judgement from the old land lord suiing for 5000 in damage and missing property. I signed a REnt with option to buy contract in 2003 when I moved in. It is dated for a year but have lived there up until now. Does he even have claim for money on a house he sold? The buyer talked him down 5000 dollars is the deal. What about notices of the sale? The whole thing was just way too quick and really pinched me and need some advice. help anyone?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">