• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Old roomate gave us items, now suing for them back

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

joeyfogas

Arkansas -

My roomate got kicked out.. He texted us a specific list of items he wanted returned that "other people" paid for. We returned those items and then some... he then told us in text message "you can have the rest of my stuff." he refuses to pay what he owes in damages, stolen items, and bills. He now has his whole family blowing me up threatining to sue if we dont give him back his items. He will not pay what he owes and says that he is going to take me to court. we have it in text a specific list of everything he asked to be returned... which we did... it was very clear he did not care about his items at the time or paying and told us to keep them. Is the text message legally binding?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">