• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Older Man Suing Youth for a Gift

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

freeziemagnum

Hi, I was in a strange sort of friendship with a man who is around 30 years old. I am 16 years old currently. He used to give me money (offered as a gift) and pay for my food as well. However, I recently decided to tell him that I wanted to cut the connection off and not talk anymore. I did this in a respectful manner but he began to add my friends on facebook and message them, as well as post my photo on his facebook and write statuses about me. Also, he threatened to sue me and get his money back in court if I cut off connection, as well as "surround me." He also tried to scare me by saying "what would your mom think of this?" I'm wondering if he could actually sue me and win in this case? Or if he's just trying to scare me into staying with him. I know it was stupid of me to accept the money at all.

Thank you!
Sincerely, a frightened youth.

If it helps, I live in British Columbia, Canada. Sorry if this is in the wrong forum!

quincy

Hi, I was in a strange sort of friendship with a man who is around 30 years old. I am 16 years old currently. He used to give me money (offered as a gift) and pay for my food as well. However, I recently decided to tell him that I wanted to cut the connection off and not talk anymore. I did this in a respectful manner but he began to add my friends on facebook and message them, as well as post my photo on his facebook and write statuses about me. Also, he threatened to sue me and get his money back in court if I cut off connection, as well as "surround me." He also tried to scare me by saying "what would your mom think of this?" I'm wondering if he could actually sue me and win in this case? Or if he's just trying to scare me into staying with him. I know it was stupid of me to accept the money at all.

Thank you!

If it helps, I live in British Columbia, Canada. Sorry if this is in the wrong forum!
FreeAdvice addresses US law questions and US legal concerns only.

Sorry, freeziemagnum. You will have to locate help somewhere in British Columbia.

Good luck.

LdiJ

Thank you!

Seriously, talk to your parents.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">