• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Online order through company

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

RubberDucky

What is the name of your state? Texas

I ordered a product through a company. After I ordered it, the product should have been recieved within two days of the order. Nearly a week has gone by now. I have contacted the company multiple times with e-mails. Their responses were limited to simple things such as, "What was your order number," "When did you purchase it?" Things along those lines. Basically, they've given me the run around for a week. I did some extra research into the company and they appear to have a pretty poor record in delivering their product. Apparently they have broke their Privacy Policy in the past when people cancelled their orders as to get their money back.

My question would be a two-parter. One, is there a case for the company not delivering the product? And two, should they break their privacy policy again, is there any action that can take place thereafter?

JmD

If it's been almost a week which would mean 6 days max you have been waiting, then wait a little longer before you start harrassing them with emails.

How did they break thier privacy policy?

RubberDucky

JmD said:
How did they break thier privacy policy?
They sent private information to other companies that included name, phone numbers, passwords and account names. Things along those lines.

Don't know if the person(s) who had their information shared freely did anything about thereafter, however I'm sure if they could have done anything about it. They were going through a similar issue as myself except their dollar amount was much higher.

moburkes

RubberDucky said:
What is the name of your state? Texas

I ordered a product through a company. After I ordered it, the product should have been recieved within two days of the order. Nearly a week has gone by now. I have contacted the company multiple times with e-mails. Their responses were limited to simple things such as, "What was your order number," "When did you purchase it?" Things along those lines. Basically, they've given me the run around for a week. I did some extra research into the company and they appear to have a pretty poor record in delivering their product. Apparently they have broke their Privacy Policy in the past when people cancelled their orders as to get their money back.

My question would be a two-parter. One, is there a case for the company not delivering the product? And two, should they break their privacy policy again, is there any action that can take place thereafter?
What makes you think that when you order a product, that delivery is guaranteed for 2 days?

RubberDucky

Why? Because it takes only a few minutes to send my product over the web at most. This isn't a tangible product and as such it's just a matter of getting certain numbers across. I was told delivery would be made after they contacted me via phone call. It didn't happen.

The problem has finally been resolved after I mentioned that I was planning on cancelling the order. Roughly 30 seconds later, all the run around they had been giving me stopped completely.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">