• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Oral Agreed Personal Loan

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jayjay1972

What is the name of your state?
New York

I live in Brooklyn, NY. I take car service every day to and from work. I befriended one of the drivers. Starting in March as per a oral agreement - I was lending him $150.00 a week toward his car rental fee and ended the loan as of the 3rd week in June. It comes out to about $2200.00. He has not paid anything back yet and no longer takes me back & forth to work.
Can I take him to court eventhough it was an oral agreement?

lazarus2004

jayjay1972 said:
What is the name of your state?
New York

I live in Brooklyn, NY. I take car service every day to and from work. I befriended one of the drivers. Starting in March as per a oral agreement - I was lending him $150.00 a week toward his car rental fee and ended the loan as of the 3rd week in June. It comes out to about $2200.00. He has not paid anything back yet and no longer takes me back & forth to work.
Can I take him to court eventhough it was an oral agreement?

An oral agreement is just as binding as a written one, so your answer is yes...but its harder to prove.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">