• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Order of Examination

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

weilerdane

What is the name of your state? Missouri

Small claim was won but no money was ever received. Did an order of exam to get info from Def and they did not show up. Per the paperwork it said something about a warrent or contempt. The judge would not do the warrant? What can I do if they do not show up????? I had to do a continuance, but not sure what my next step should be.

seniorjudge

weilerdane said:
What is the name of your state? Missouri

Small claim was won but no money was ever received. Did an order of exam to get info from Def and they did not show up. Per the paperwork it said something about a warrent or contempt. The judge would not do the warrant? What can I do if they do not show up????? I had to do a continuance, but not sure what my next step should be.
http://www.moga.mo.gov/STATUTES/C482.HTM

http://www.mobar.org/031c3dd8-17fe-4e3d-a0e3-f1e19a7df3b9.aspx

You're probably just out of luck. Small claims judgments generally go uncollected.

Anyway, look through the above sites for more info.

BL

It's amazing , even though these documents state it's contempt for not submitting them , Judges do not enforce it .

seniorjudge

Blonde Lebinese said:
It's amazing , even though these documents state it's contempt for not submitting them , Judges do not enforce it .
I suspect it's because no one knows where the defendant is. Also, we would have to know if the defendant was ever actually served in this case.

weilerdane

The Def was served (verified with the Sheriff). I have their current address. The judge got a little upset with me when I mentioned the Warrant/Contempt issue.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">