• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Order to show cause (Small Claims)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Bubba gump

I received a Discovery notice from the court affixed to my door a while back to show proof of some documents as far as assets. I drive semi truck out of state and am gone for 10-17 days at a time. The company I work for tried their best to get me home. They were not able to. I contacted the court to tell them I wasn't going to be home for the court date and said the judge may issue a show cause hearing. I received a notice to appear for show cause. What can I expect out of this when I go to the court? This is for a small claims case. I also tried to work out an agreement with the plaintiff prior to court. In Michigan. Anything specific I should bring to the court? I've got no criminal history, no previous court experiences. Only thing I've ever been ordered to go to court for. Not even once for jury duty.

Thank you for any help.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">