• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Oregon: Can I recover attorney fees in Small Claims Court?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

OregonGrape

My sister petitioned the court here in Portland for a restraining order against my wife. It was full of lies, and in fact, she changed her story during the restraining order hearing. The judge didn't even want to hear our side, and threw out the order, finding in favor of my wife against my sister. It cost us over $2000 to have representation against the restraining order. Can I file a claim to recover the attorney fees in small claims court? Seems outrageous that we had to pay that much money to defend false and fraudulent claims against my wife. We didn't care about ever seeing my sister again, but my dad is in a care facility and my sister would have hospital staff call her if we were visiting my dad, so we had to leave when she rushed in. We didn't want this to continue, and that's why we obtained an attorney for the hearing.

Thanks.

HomeGuru

My sister petitioned the court here in Portland for a restraining order against my wife. It was full of lies, and in fact, she changed her story during the restraining order hearing. The judge didn't even want to hear our side, and threw out the order, finding in favor of my wife against my sister. It cost us over $2000 to have representation against the restraining order. Can I file a claim to recover the attorney fees in small claims court? Seems outrageous that we had to pay that much money to defend false and fraudulent claims against my wife. We didn't care about ever seeing my sister again, but my dad is in a care facility and my sister would have hospital staff call her if we were visiting my dad, so we had to leave when she rushed in. We didn't want this to continue, and that's why we obtained an attorney for the hearing.

Thanks.
**A: so what did the attorney tell you when you asked him/her this question.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">