• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

other driver filing in small claims court

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cmn0548

What is the name of your state? tx

So was in a small fender bender, both sides insurance companies are at a no fault, hence both of our cars are not covered.

He is now claiming I did say it was my fault. All i said was 'I'm sorry' which is i guess he thinks i admitted guilt. He has no witnesses at the time of accident, but he said he has witnesses that heard me admit guilt. no police report, and the accident was on private property at 5-10mph.

Does he have to file it in his county of residence, where the accident occured or in the county where I (defendant) lives?

Thanks.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
He must still prove your guilt. If you said you are guilty at the scene because you didn't understand something about the law or the situation, then that doesn't automatically make you guilty.

cmn0548

how can he go about doing so? no photographs, no police report, just his word against mine. he is also going against my insurance companies decision, they denied the claim. He has liability coverage and thus his car is not covered through his insurance. I already fixed the damages to my car out of pocket.

there was no injury, it occured on private property at 5-.

the question still stands, where does he have to file it?

racer72

Turn the summons over to your insurance company. They are obligated to provide an attorney to you. The attorney will answer your questions.

justalayman

what the insurance companies decide has no bearing on what a court will ultimately find. The do make an effort to place fault where it deserves to be but their determination is in no way legally binding to the actual fault.

They are a money driven machine and often settle to minimize their exposure, and hopefully their clients as well.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">