• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Out of state court threat

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sdlegal

Here is what I see;

You screwed up when you did anythkg to the equipment after you replaced the screen without first consulting the customer. That alone could cause you to lose. If it was me I would argue it worked fine except for the screen so if they did a bunch of work to it it must be because they damaged it when replacing the screen and felt obligated since they broke it.

Unless you can make a winning argument the equipment was delivered to the customer you lose
The unit did work, however the part ordered (screen) did not fit and we were unable to get a replacement. The unit did power on and we were able to get an image. In the process of attempting to find a valid replacement part, the battery exploded causing corrosion of the motherboard. Leaking batteries are common on older electronics. It's not unreasonable to say this. The repair at that point would cost more than the unit is worth, a new one is available right now on eBay for under $500.

Cannot prove the customer received his property back as it was delivered (with tracking) to his address, however he moved. But the burden is on him at that point. We had no way to know that he moved and his constant demand for progress and phone calls to our technicians and business was costing us a fortune in wasted time and was tantamount to harassment. We wanted the unit out of our labs and to be done with the whole situation. Again, the exploding battery deemed the unit non-repairable. How is that our fault?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">