• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Out of state small claims

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jc775351

What is the name of your state? TX/IL

While living in Illinois, I won a judgement in February from a guy in New York for a piece of equipment that was not paid for ( up to this point he was a good customer and I never had a problem with unpaid invoices ). He has ignored and not paid the award and I am now going to have to go back to small claims and ask for a discovery of assets. Since the judgement, I was transfered to Texas, so, when I get my court date assigned, can I ask the judge to tack on travel expenses incurred in order to collect this debt?

seniorjudge

Q: Since the judgement, I was transfered to Texas, so, when I get my court date assigned, can I ask the judge to tack on travel expenses incurred in order to collect this debt?

A: No.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">