• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Out of state transmission repair

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

karenb2001

What is the name of your state?MI

I purchased a high performance transmission for my son's car, for $1199. It came from Florida. It worked for about 2 weeks and the torque converter blew. I contacted the seller because it had a 1 year warranty on it. He said he would have a delivery service pick it up. After a week (he claims DHL lost the paperwork), he picked it up. He has had it about 2 weeks and claims it was shipped 3 days ago, although when I check DHL they do not have any shipment from his zip to my zip code. He also keeps telling me he will email me the confirmation #. Now he isn't answering my phone calls and I'm afraid he doesn't have the money to ship it back (or he never fixed it). Anyway, what is my recourse for suing in Holiday, Florida from Michigan. Please help, my son has been without his car for 3 weeks and I'm still making payments on it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">