• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Over a Laptop

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

pie

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? FL

I'm 100% new to this and I'm not sure if I should take this route but I purchase a Laptop, half on my card and half in cash, 3 months ago. I was dumb enough to lend it to this guy I was seeing because he needed it for school. Things went south after I realize I was being used and he was cheating on me. I work with him so I told him pay me for the cost of the laptop 400 dollars or give me the laptop back. He refused to give me the laptop saying its his and he tried to make an agreement that he'll give me 200 and that the other 200 was a gift. I'm not sure what to do or where to begin but I want my money back or something and to show this guy that its not right to mess with people whose nice and wants to help him. Please if any information on small claims process would help or if there's another route to go or if its worth to do this.

sandyclaus

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? FL

I'm 100% new to this and I'm not sure if I should take this route but I purchase a Laptop, half on my card and half in cash, 3 months ago. I was dumb enough to lend it to this guy I was seeing because he needed it for school. Things went south after I realize I was being used and he was cheating on me. I work with him so I told him pay me for the cost of the laptop 400 dollars or give me the laptop back. He refused to give me the laptop saying its his and he tried to make an agreement that he'll give me 200 and that the other 200 was a gift. I'm not sure what to do or where to begin but I want my money back or something and to show this guy that its not right to mess with people whose nice and wants to help him. Please if any information on small claims process would help or if there's another route to go or if its worth to do this.
You may have a difficult time explaining why he even offered to pay you anything for something he called a gift.

But more than that, do you have proof of purchase?

Last, if you DO sue and manage to win, you'll get not what you paid for the computer, but only the depreciated value. That may or may not be the $400 you're asking for.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">