• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Owed money by ex best friend

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Hollie88

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Virginia

My friend and I went to Alltel and put her on my phone plan. She told me in front of the Alltel lady that she was going to pay the $100 deposit back. A month went by and I received my phone bill. It was for $402. Then, another month went by and I received another bill for around $200. So all in all, she owes me around $700 for the phone. Also, I babysat her daughter for her and bought her food, gas, and cigarettes. I dont know about how much that all cost. She also has some of my things at her house such as a DVD player, DVDs and some clothes. She told me that she was going to pay me back when she got her last paycheck from a place she worked called OlanMills. Apparently, that paycheck was going to be $1100 and she was going to pay me the money she owed with that. I found out just recently that she recieved that paycheck about 2 or 3 weeks ago and it was only around $200 and she keeps telling me that she hasn't received her paycheck yet. Well, she and I are no longer friends and I'm wondering what I can do to get the money and things I am owed.

BL

File small claims for the amounts you can prove or she admits , plus court cost .

The of course if you win a judgment , you'll have to try and collect .

Hollie88

Shut phone off...

Actually, I didnt have to shut the phone off. Because our bill was $600 and I couldnt pay it, the company cut both phones off. But I am going to shut her phone off as soon as I get the money to pay the bill. But I need to know what to do. She, just a few minutes ago, came over to my house and accused me of doing things, sexually, with/to her 3 year old daughter. I would never do anything like that to a child. I love them too much. And when she left she threatened me.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">