• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

paid in full

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

maddie11

What is the name of your state? Michigan. I purchased furniture from a major store. The salesman hand printed up the invoice and added the total to the bottom line. The next day I realized he made a error in his math. He was off $100 in my favor. Now the store is trying to get me to pay the money. Am I responsible for the stores error? I left the store with the furniture and believed that everything was normal. Thanks.

JETX

"Am I responsible for the stores error?"
*** Yes.

"I left the store with the furniture and believed that everything was normal."
*** And now that you know it wasn't, you need to 'correct' the error. Lets disregard the legal issue here for a second.... would you expect the store to refund the $100 if they had overcharged you??? Of course you would. So, pay them, both legally AND ethically.

"Thanks."
*** You're welcome.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">