• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Paid Photographer In Advance Who Is Now Ignoring Me

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

heralsee

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Washington

Back in April I paid a photographer for two photo shoots totaling $280. We had to delay booking since he was gone to Chicago until September so we had our shoot on the 25th of September. He told me it would be a couple weeks for delivery since his computer was down. It has been almost two months since then and he is not responding to me. I know he is getting my messages because of Facebook's "Read by X at XX:XX" feature.

I have our full transcript on Facebook (which I understand can be subpoenaed) that goes through everything from when we discussed prices to planning a meeting and then booking a shoot. I also have a bank statement showing a cash withdrawal for the exact amount on the date we agreed to meet. He is also the one that drove me so it might be possible to obtain a photo of both of us from the ATM or bank camera since I have the date and time. We also have an extensive text history that I understand can be subpoenaed as well.

Is this amount worth going to court for though? I really could use the money but if it's way more trouble than it's worth then I suppose I can make peace with that. It's letting someone get away with stealing from me that steams me more than the money. Especially since I've had to miss auditions from not having current head shots. If you think I should go for it though do you think I have a good case?

swalsh411

It appears you have ample evidence. Only you can decide if the amount is worth it to you. It sounds shady, especially the ATM part. Wouldn't you normally go to a studio to have professional photos taken?

quincy

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Washington

Back in April I paid a photographer for two photo shoots totaling $280. We had to delay booking since he was gone to Chicago until September so we had our shoot on the 25th of September. He told me it would be a couple weeks for delivery since his computer was down. It has been almost two months since then and he is not responding to me. I know he is getting my messages because of Facebook's "Read by X at XX:XX" feature.

I have our full transcript on Facebook (which I understand can be subpoenaed) that goes through everything from when we discussed prices to planning a meeting and then booking a shoot. I also have a bank statement showing a cash withdrawal for the exact amount on the date we agreed to meet. He is also the one that drove me so it might be possible to obtain a photo of both of us from the ATM or bank camera since I have the date and time. We also have an extensive text history that I understand can be subpoenaed as well.

Is this amount worth going to court for though? I really could use the money but if it's way more trouble than it's worth then I suppose I can make peace with that. It's letting someone get away with stealing from me that steams me more than the money. Especially since I've had to miss auditions from not having current head shots. If you think I should go for it though do you think I have a good case?
If you can patch together a contract with your messages back and forth, and you have evidence that the photo shoot took place and the photographer was paid, you are in a pretty good position to demand either a refund or the photos.

Photographers can often take longer than they expect when servicing orders, however, and two months is not necessarily a long time to wait for the photographs. But, if you needed the photos at a certain time and they were not available at that time, and the photographer was aware of the urgency, then having an attorney send a letter to the photographer might be a good first step in getting the photos delivered.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">