• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

paid for repair work not done

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

betsysue

The name of my state is Wyoming. My husband and I entered into a verbal for repair work on two vehicles. The price of parts and labor was agreed on by both parties. After 5 months of hassles, lies and evasion, we took the vehicle that needed transmission repair to another mechanic. The repairs will done by next week. The other vehicle has not been repaired at all. We lived up to our part of the verbal contract, but the mechanic we made the agreement with did not. We would like our money back, but don't know if the verbal contract will stand in court. We have written proof from the new mechanic that nothing was done at all on the transmission, but removing it from the vehicle.

JETX

betsysue said:
The name of my state is Wyoming. My husband and I entered into a verbal for repair work on two vehicles. The price of parts and labor was agreed on by both parties. After 5 months of hassles, lies and evasion, we took the vehicle that needed transmission repair to another mechanic. The repairs will done by next week. The other vehicle has not been repaired at all. We lived up to our part of the verbal contract, but the mechanic we made the agreement with did not. We would like our money back, but don't know if the verbal contract will stand in court. We have written proof from the new mechanic that nothing was done at all on the transmission, but removing it from the vehicle.
You didn't ask a question, but I assume you are asking if a verbal contract can be enforced. If correct, the answer is yes.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">