• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

paid somene on paypal in a diff state and product never shipped

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

pathan69

I paid somene for product i purhcased via paypal for 3000 dollars. NO problem the first time. second time i paid him again via paypal 3000 dollars. i got an email stating that someone stole the product he was shipping me the next day. He promise he will either refund me the money with in a few weeks or find me the product and send it. its been more then a month and i am just geting a run around. no calls or email. last time i heard from this guy who lives in VA and i am in California that he got th money a week ago and will ship my product. havent heard from him since then. what can i do to recover my money. paypal dispute time is over and I dont know if disputing the transaction wtih my credit card would help. any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
thank you

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I dont know if disputing the transaction wtih my credit card would help. any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
thank you
Call your credit card company. You paid for an item that was never shipped/received by you.
Make sure you have all your documentation (emails and etc)

If the time for paypal dispute is over (have you contacted paypay already), you can sue this person. Make sure you have proof of your payment, the advertisement, what the terms of the sale are/were, etc... and he will have to offer proof of shipment and that you received it.
As the first responder said, please contact your credit card company immediately. Most all credit card companies have a dispute resolution department. They will hold payment, take your details, send you a form to fill out to send back giving all the necessary information, and then contact the seller.
I personally have had this happen with a person who sold me a defective product. I went through my credit card company and they held up the payment, investigated my case, and eventually I did not have to pay. I also had to show them I sent back the product, and I used a return receipt.
You can take him to small claims court after filing your case. Call your local small claims court clerks office and they can tell you exactly what you need to do.
Good luck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">