• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

paid for work not done right on car,need advice please

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

katladyk

What is the name of your state?Wi
I recently took my car into a shop to have it repaired.They looked at it and told me all these things that needed to be done and then fixed it.The bill ended up being just under 3,000 dollars.I picked up my car on Friday the 31st,and the whole way home i could tell that it wasn't running properly yet.I was in a hurry to get to work,so i didn't think about it too much,plus i thought it might just be running hard since it wasn't fully warmed up before leaving with it.Well i was on my way to work,when i stopped at a stop sign and it just died on me,and then the service engine soon light came on.I was able to drive it for about a day,and now it is in my parking lot,and won't start and when it does start,the service engine soon light comes on and it says low oil pressure.Basically i'm in the same place i was before i even took it in.I called the owner of the shop and he sent out a mechanic to look at it today,but all he said was that he doesn't know whats wrong with it and that i need to take it in for a diagnostic to find out the problem.I would think that they would have done that before they went and fixed almost 3,000 dollars worth of stuff first.He also said that he wouldn't have had the things done that were done.So now here i am after paying all this money and my car still isn't running and i'm not sure what to do and would love some advice.
Thank you very much!!

BL

I take it the car is not under warranty ?

I know you don't want to hear this, but you should have it taken to A Dealer and have it diagnoses. You should also present them with the recent repairs statement, and get their opinion in writing , on :

First : If they agree or not the other shop made a correct diagnosis , and
Second : If in there opinion, all the other repairs were necessary or not .

It could have been just a Fluke of a co incidence if you auto has a lot of miles , or maybe it depends on what kind of repairs that were done .

We don't know that. That's why you need a follow up diagnoses, and written opinions on the other works , and new estimates.

If you find out that the place that did the repairs did an inadequate diagnoses or repair , you should first offer them to fix it ( rectify the problem ).

If you believe and have enough evidence , they incorrectly diagnosed , or inadequately repaired your vehicle , you can make a complain with your local attorney General's office. If that agency will not handle it , they will forward your complaint to the proper agency.

Most cost for repairs are labor cost. If you have enough proof against the shop , try negotiating a reasonable remedy , before you take action. This will show you tried in good faith for them to fix the problem.

Oh by the way , because you drove the car with low oil pressure and the CK. engine light on, you could have hurt your chance at getting it repaired.

And again, it just may be a fluke.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">