• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Parking lot incident is the lot liable...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rjahr01

What is the name of your state? KY

Ok so a little bit about the problem, I work at a certain company that has just hired a considerable amount of people due to this they have had to rent out parking spaces from an adjacent lot.This adjacent lot charges my company for each spot and they lease the lot from a company that is beside it that owns it. I then pay out of my check each month to park there. Now here comes the problem, my car was recently broken into and about $4000 worth of stuff taken, now at first I can understand that cars are going to be broken into and what not but then another car got broke into and another, now at a total of 6 cars in three weeks all broken into at around 11am I am getting a bit weary. After my car was broken into I notified my company and the parking lot who at the time told me they don't have liability, now when I called the company that owns the parking lot they told me that they don't have liability and that the company that leases it carries all liability.

So now i'm stuck in a dilemna I've called the local news and i'm trying to see what I can have done. Is their anyway I can sue the parking lot, the reason I ask is because nothing I have says the lot does not carry liability not the parking lot, nor signs around the space and they have a parking lot attendant that is out there from 8-10am and then comes back at around 4pm if their are local baseball games because they use the lot...

So of course I was given the belief that they always had security guards when i come and go to work they were always there now to find out that they leave once i'm inside my building for the most part...

anyhelp would be greatly appreciated..I hope to take this to district court if possible, I believe thats the one I need to take it too...

JETX

rjahr01 said:
Is their anyway I can sue the parking lot
Of course you can sue them. After all, anyone can sue almost anyone else over almost anything. However, you have case against them. Part of this problem is that, from your post, you were the first in a series. That means the lot management was not aware of the risk. And as unfair as it may seem.... the subsequent victims may have a case where you don't, since the lot owner/management would have been aware of the increasing risk. Their failure to provide adequate security could be shown to be negligence. That is assuming that there aren't valid disclaimers, etc.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">