• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

paying because it's easier

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

earthstar

What is the name of your state?Fl.

It costs so much to get your rights covered, you may have to give them up.....

This was quoted by another member on forum and I agree so... much.
The small claims court system seems to have too many openings for fraud and other corruption.

I'm currently in small claims for 2nd time. 1st time it was only $300 and I agreed to pay in mediation because it was easier and the person was so full of lies that I just wanted him to go away. ( I gave up my rights because it was easier to pay)

Little did I know he would come back with a second case and a much bigger case against me. $4,094. I lost because I didn't know what the crap I was doing and he had legal help.

My experiance is that lawyers typically don't do small claims leaving a layman like me to mess up big time in court. And yes pay out the bazooka to clear your good name.

Why does the system seemed so flawed?
Also,does anyone have any advice about prepaid legal?

BL

earthstar said:
What is the name of your state?Fl.

It costs so much to get your rights covered, you may have to give them up.....

This was quoted by another member on forum and I agree so... much.
The small claims court system seems to have too many openings for fraud and other corruption.

I'm currently in small claims for 2nd time. 1st time it was only $300 and I agreed to pay in mediation because it was easier and the person was so full of lies that I just wanted him to go away. ( I gave up my rights because it was easier to pay)

Little did I know he would come back with a second case and a much bigger case against me. $4,094. I lost because I didn't know what the crap I was doing and he had legal help.

My experiance is that lawyers typically don't do small claims leaving a layman like me to mess up big time in court. And yes pay out the bazooka to clear your good name.

Why does the system seemed so flawed?
Also,does anyone have any advice about prepaid legal?
We no nothing about your cases . The basics of defending a claim against you is knowing what the claim is all about and having your Facts and evidence in order , and present them accordingly .

Also you win some ,you lose some .
There is an appeals process.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">