• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

paying a court order late..??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

simi79

QLD-
we have been ordered to pay a real estate agent over $3000 resulting from a civil despute. We was given two weeks to pay which meant we had to pay by the 26th July. We have paid half the amount and asked the real estate agent for one extra week to pay the rest as I get paid monthly. We emailed them to start with to ask for 2 weeks extra to pay the full amount which they said no to. I then emailed them on the 19th to explain that I get paid monthly and we physically do not have the money till then, meaning it will be exactly one week late paying. They are now threatening to take us to court again for the interest on the 1500 which will be paid one week late. We don't know where we stand. Should we advise the magistrates court that we will be paying in one week??..can they take us to court again..???

cosine

You will owe the interest. Ask them what the interest is that they will seek. Figure out if that is usual and customary interest. If so, pay it.

simi79

yeah its Queensland. They say the interest is $500 and then 10% a day thereafter. We asked for an extension to begin with and they said no, we can't pay what we don't have until I get paid, they're being completely unhelpful and even sent me and email saying we could go to jail, which I very much doubt.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">