• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Payment for merchanidise damaged during shipping

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

TDotson71

What is the name of your state?Georgia
I shipped my computer and a few other things via UPS. I shipped it to myself because I moved and the cost was cheaper than putting it on the airplane with me. When I got the package, the computer was damaged but repairable. I contacted them and they told me that they would have to come and get the package to conduct an investigation and allow me tot collect the 100.00 that it was insured for. They picked up the computer and shipped it to all these different places. When I called to see how long it would take to investigate, they told me 24 hours. It took them a month to give me my computer back and when I got it, it was in lots of pieces. They ripped out the insides of the hard drive and destroyed the monitor. I also had 3 satellite dish receivers in the box and they were smashed into pieces. The computer is completely destroyed, including the mouse and keyboard. I am very angry and want to be reimbursed for the cost of the computer and satellite receivers. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Do you have pictures?

Well I am not a lawyer but if you have pictures of:
1. The computer in its original state before it was mailed
2. The computer after you recieved it before you returned it to UPS
3. The computer in pieces after it was returned to you.

and the value of what was damaged. Including based on age the depreciation value for those items. Hope that helps

JETX

TDotson71 said:
What is the name of your state?Georgia
I shipped my computer and a few other things via UPS. I shipped it to myself because I moved and the cost was cheaper than putting it on the airplane with me. When I got the package, the computer was damaged but repairable. I contacted them and they told me that they would have to come and get the package to conduct an investigation and allow me tot collect the 100.00 that it was insured for. They picked up the computer and shipped it to all these different places. When I called to see how long it would take to investigate, they told me 24 hours. It took them a month to give me my computer back and when I got it, it was in lots of pieces. They ripped out the insides of the hard drive and destroyed the monitor. I also had 3 satellite dish receivers in the box and they were smashed into pieces. The computer is completely destroyed, including the mouse and keyboard. I am very angry and want to be reimbursed for the cost of the computer and satellite receivers. :mad: :mad: :mad:
Thank you for your wonderful post. Did you have a LEGAL question in there somewhere??

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">