• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Payment to unlicensed home health care agency

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Chance33

My mom broke her hip a couple of years ago & as a result had to hire a 24/7 caregiver thru a home health care agency. The caregiver needed to have specific nursing skills in order to dispense heart & other medications to my mom. The caregiver agency told my mom & the family that they were fully qualified & licensed to provide caregivers with nursing skills. My mom paid the agency over $100,000 over the course of a couple of years. My mom died about a year ago while under the caregiver's care. After the family questioned the caregiver & the agency about what happened the day my mom died, we received unsatisfactory answers. We therefore investigated the agency & found that they were NOT licensed by the California Dept. of Health Svcs. as they were required to be in order to provide nursing services. The agency was shut down a few years ago & CDHS didn't know they had reopened. The family requested I not pay the final $2,250 bill to the agency since it was evident that they were fraudulently working for my mom wiith out the proper qualifications & licensing. Now the agency is suing me in small claims court. Are we legally obligated to pay this company which lied to our family & fraudulently worked for my mom without being properly licensed to provide nursing care?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">