• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Person threatened to file charges on me

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Lobo41988

What is the name of your state? Texas
I believe this is the right forum to post this in. I found out that this guy was having an affair with my ex who has a bad reputation so to speak. I decided to email his wife, a teacher, about what was going on but the only email I could find of hers was her school email through the school website. The way I found out about how he was cheating on her was a friend of mine who is a friend of my ex got a text from her saying she did commit the act and he forwarded the text to me. Today the guy walked up to me and said that if I ever emailed her something like that again that he would press charges and also stated that the email address I sent the message over is monitored by her employer. Would he actually be able to press charges on me?

Lobo41988

But I thought that if what was said was true or if there is proof that what happened was true then you can't have charges pressed against you. Oh and I also stated in the email that she can believe me or not and that I got the information from my friend who got the information from her.

Last edited:

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Oh......well would I be able to defend myself if he pressed charges against me?
Let's be clear - he wouldn't be "pressing charges".

Could you defend yourself...?
If you can afford it, then you should be ok!

Lobo41988

Ok thanks. I'll tell him that if he tires to file a lawsuit against me that I have enough evidence to defend myself against him and win.

SHORTY LONG

Ok thanks. I'll tell him that if he tires to file a lawsuit against me that I have enough evidence to defend myself against him and win.
Personally, you opened up a can worms, and if it were me, I would just leave it be
until you really need to take some sort of civil legal action.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">