• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Personal loan

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

miprbiz

What is the name of your state? California

I loaned a friend 2500.00. He made a few payments and then stopped. The loan was in late 1998, am I to late to try and get my money back? The only evidence I have is the check and a letter he sent me saying he would pay me back monthly, but there is no signature on the letter. Family members know about the loan, but I am not sure if that is substantial evidence for court.
If i do have some legal leg to stand on, would I be able to add court costs, interest, personal time taken to retrieve money?
Well, any other advice would be extremely appreciated. Thanks.

Signed, No more personal loans

JETX

When was the last payment?
If it was within the last 2 years (the SOL for oral agreements in CA), then you can still file. If it has been more than 2 years, the SOL has 'tolled' and the debt is unenforcable.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">