• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

personal loan

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mmg462

What is the name of your state? TX
situation, one of my husbands co-workers lent him some money which I was not aware of (this happened over 2yrs ago), until she called me to inform me. I do not know this individual, never met, only spoke to her when she called to keep telling me that she wanted her money, which I told her that what ever agreement she & my husband made, would have to be resolved between them. Well, a few weeks ago, I received a supeona - . this person is sueing us for $1000. The problem I have is, my name was mentioned first on all the paper work.. I never met this lady & do not feel obligated to pay her anything. According to my husband, she voluntary paid his car note and there is no written agreement between them. At one point when she called me, she stated they were having an affair (which my husband denies).. However, our court date is in a few weeks & should I contact a lawyer to get my name removed from this claim to avoid any judgements against me.

JETX

mmg462 said:
should I contact a lawyer to get my name removed from this claim to avoid any judgements against me.
You can certainly do that.... but if she is able to show that a loan was made and not repaid.... you can be liable since Texas is a community property state.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">