• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Personal Loan Help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Garrett72

What is the name of your state? Florida

My ex wife and I took a personal loan from her father for roughly $8700. to be repaid at $125/month @ 12%. We soon after got divorced and I got the debt. I paid $125 the first 11 months then talked with ex-father-in-law to lower payments to $100/month. He agreed and I have been paying that for the past 2.5 - 3 years. For the past year I have been requesting from him the document that we "signed", I really don't remember signing anything. He said he cannot find it and sent me a document I am sure he wrote afterwards, no signatures by anyone. My ex and I cannot find any document either. I am in need of the paperwork. I am medically needy. What are my obligations? Can I stop paying so I can pay medical bills? Also, I have never once written a check or paid Rental Opportunities, Inc.. I have made all payments to ex father-in-law's name.

This is what the whole document he sent to me says:

(my name & then wife's name), for value received, promises to pay to the order of Rental Opportunities, Inc, $8742.41 at Clearwater, Florida payable $125.00 per month beginning March 8, 2002 and continuingmonthly until paid in full. This note shall bear interest at 12% annum from the above date until fully paid. The maker and endorser of this note further agree to waive demand, notive of non-payment and protest. In case suit shall be brought for the collection hereof, or the same has to be collected upon demand of an attorney or agency, maker and endorser agree to pay reasonable attorney's or other fees and reasonable costs abd per diem time charges of Rental Opportunitiesm, Inc, for preperation of documents and information for making such collection. Deferred interest payments shall bear interest from maturity at 18%, per annum, payable monthlyWhat is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">