• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Personal Loan questions.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cptginu

I currently reside in IL.

In early 2006 I lent my ex-fiancee ~4900 dollars (have an exact #, but would have to dig it up) in several smaller payments to her cc's. She made two payments of $200 in early 2006 but then stopped and claimed various hardships. In 2006 i got her to sign a un-notarized note stating a total (~4500) and a payment plan. She now (8/07) wants to edit that amount based on payments she made in 2003-2004 (while co-habitating) to my cc's. Some of the debit she paid for was for things we purchased as a couple and she walked away with.

My questions are:
1. Where should i file this if i comes down to that? ( i lived in MO at the time she lived in KS, i was working in Peoria IL, traveling for my job ~1.5 months, when i made the loan) this will impact how much the cap is.

2. Can i break up the claim into its smaller disbursements to get under the limit of the courts?

3. Does her point have merit?

racer72

1. Where she lives now would be the best. It makes judgments much easier to collect when you don't have to domesticate an out of state judgment.

2. Nope.

3. It would be up to the judge.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">