• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Personal Property

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

AR1984

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Arkansas

I recently resigned from my job. The employer refused to give me back my personal property that I had left at the office. I hired a lawyer to get my stuff back. Finally after threating a federal law suit and a month later he decided o give me it back. I am taking him to small claims court to get my attorneys fees back. My question is how much should I sue for punative damages. It was stressful and I had to drive o the place 3 different times which the office is 30 minutes from me. Thanks for your help.

latigo

And I suppose that in addition to misrepresenting to you that you had “federal case” for replevin of your stuff that your attorney has also told you that you have a valid cause of action to recover his fees for giving you such lame legal advise.

Good luck trying to get what you plan to ask the court for. And don’t set aside too much of the day for it. It won’t last but a minute or two.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">