• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Person's Prior Lawsuit History?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

Alanryder

NEW YORK. I'm being sued by a gardener who is dishonest, and who has taken advantage of many other people, according to one of his peers. Is a persons prior lawsuit history public knowledge, and would the person hearing my case be able to access other similar cases in which he also has tried to cheat people. If it is public knowlledge, where can I access the info. Thanks!

D

DRN

If he was sued in a County or Supreme Court, you can go to the County Clerk's office and research for that person/business name. If he/it has been sued before it will be there.

If he was sued in Small Claims Court, your search would be harder. You would have to go to that particular court and research and that would most likely not be computerized.

You can also check with the Better Business Bureau.

Email me with the person/business name and I can do a quick search for any lawsuits in Supreme or County court.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">