• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Pg&e

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

deckscrew

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA. Hello, I'm a homeowner having work done on my house and one morning I was informed that PG&E was closing down the street to replace a power pole. I had no notification nor had any street signs been posted. My contractor was unable to drive to our house and could not work. He sent his crew home for the day, but said he was going to pay them for the day. I reimbursed for his out of pocket costs (he's a good contractor), but I feel the utility company should reimburse me for the delay and out of pocket costs. PG&E has denied my claim.

Is it possible to take a large utility company to small claims court over this matter? If I win, is it hard to collect?

Thanks

quincy

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA. Hello, I'm a homeowner having work done on my house and one morning I was informed that PG&E was closing down the street to replace a power pole. I had no notification nor had any street signs been posted. My contractor was unable to drive to our house and could not work. He sent his crew home for the day, but said he was going to pay them for the day. I reimbursed for his out of pocket costs (he's a good contractor), but I feel the utility company should reimburse me for the delay and out of pocket costs. PG&E has denied my claim.

Is it possible to take a large utility company to small claims court over this matter? If I win, is it hard to collect?

Thanks
I suggest you go to the following PG&E site for information on filing a claim against PG&E:
http://www.pge.com/en/myhome/customerservice/contact/claims/index.page

Here is a link to basic information on small claims actions in California:
http://dca.ca.gov/publications/small_claims/basic_info.shtml

I would not think about collecting at this point in time. ;)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">