• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

phone records

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Mr Baldwin

I am in Nebraska, the other party is in Iowa.
I am considering taking a collection agency to small claims court for several violations of the FDCA. Most of all for calling before 8:00 and calling back two more times after I hung up on them for being extremely rude. How can I go about proving they called, their number did not show up on caller ID. Can I get a subpoena for the phone records, and if so how would I go about doing that. Thanks for your help.
Mr. Baldwin

JETX

Mr Baldwin said:
I am considering taking a collection agency to small claims court for several violations of the FDCA. Most of all for calling before 8:00 and calling back two more times after I hung up on them for being extremely rude.
Their calling back is not illegal or prohibited.... unless you can show that it was "intent to annoy, abuse, or harass any person at the called number."

How can I go about proving they called, their number did not show up on caller ID. Can I get a subpoena for the phone records, and if so how would I go about doing that.
After you file your lawsuit, you can subpoena their records.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">