• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Plaintiffs written claim on form has future date?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mylittleangels

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Massachusetts.

The small claims I had to go...the plaintiff entered a complaint for a future date on the claimant's form and small claims magistrate still heard the case? Can they do that?

Can I do anything about it now? Example this person didn't pay on May 26, 2006...I mean she wrote in the next year?

What can I do about that? The case is settled and I am not so sure this should have been accepted...??

BL

Yes they can hear the case , and you have to pay up , or appeal the decision .

The date is a Technical error , this is small claims , an informal hearing after all .

It's not like the potential for doing Jail Time , or a DWI case .

The Court can figure out the Facts .

Have you ever entered
the wrong Date on a Document or Form ?

Last edited:

Ellerge

Mistake

I have NEVER made a mistake in my life. Unlike Jesus, I do NOT even get mad at the money changers in the Church! I have NEVER made a mistake or gotten mad. (If you belive this, I want to talk to you about some ocean front property in Arizona.)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">