• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Plantiff found guilty in federal case - can I use this fact in my case?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

gw-west

What is the name of your state? Los Angeles, CA

I did some contract work for a company, then after I was done, they
sued me in small claims court. they lied and told the judge that I
did not do all the work I agreed to. They brought a "fake" witness to
back up their story. Bottom line, I lost and got my wages garnished.
Now, a year later, the same guys (and the company itself) who came to
court and lied about me, were all found guilty of conspiracy, federal
health care fraud, money laundering, filing false tax returns and
defrauding the IRS. What course of action do I have now to get my
case reversed and get my money back based on this? What forms would I file in court? Can anyone help me out with this? Thanks. the amount of
money is $2475.00

BL

If your case was connected to their illegal activity,call the Da's office,or attorney generals office to find out if they handle cases such as yours.

But if they've been convicted and have to pay resititution to the IRS, who do you think will get their money first ?

JETX

gw-west said:
What course of action do I have now to get my case reversed and get my money back based on this? What forms would I file in court? Can anyone help me out with this? Thanks. the amount of money is $2475.00
*** I see nothing in your post that would even remotely suggest that their subsequent conviction has any direct bearing on your judgment.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">