• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Plastic surgery deposit refund

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lawprohelp

New York. I live in queens. The plastic surgeon office is in long Island, new york.
I put a deposit down for plastic surgery on June 23, 2016 to have surgery on Oct 5, 2016. I had pre-op on Sept 15, 2016. I spoke to the doctors assistant face to face and said i would pay cash on the date of the surgery. I also needed a medical clearance in order to have the surgery. I brought the medical clearance from my doctor to the plastic surgery office on my pre-op date also. It stated that I was medically cleared pending the results from a uti test after taking antibiotics for 7 days because I had an uti infection. I let the plastic surgery office know this at my pre-op date. I got the prescription for the antibiotics on Sept 20. Took them for 7 days and got retested on Sept 28. I spoke to the plastic surgery office on the pre- op date (Sept 15) and told them this is gonna be cutting it close to the surgery date because even after I take the medicine I have to be retested. I asked can we reschedule? The plastic surgery office told me no. There is no way I can reschedule they will lose out on money. If i reschedule I lose my 500 dollars deposit and the price of the surgery is changing on Oct 1. So I would have to put down another 500 dollars to keep the price at 7,500 (total price of surgery). If i reschedule I lose my 500 dollars and if I don't give another 500 dollars I would have to pay 9,500 for the surgery. I took the medicine and was retested on Sept 28. I told the plastic surgery office ok, I don't want to lose my deposit I'm not changing my date. The office told me to let them know what's going on as soon as I find everything out. I got the results from the infection back on Oct 1, 2016 on a sat. On Monday I called the plastic surgery office to say the test came back negative results. That I can have the surgery. The office tells me they took me off the calender because of the uti. She needs to speak to the doctor as of right now she doesn't think I'm on the schedule. She will call me back. She called back and said they took me off the schedule because I had an uti, I hadn't paid for the surgery in full and the doctor scheduled someone else. So now I had took off from work because the office said it was no way to reschedule and I still didn't get to have the procedure. The office told me the next day I can have the surgery is on Halloween or next year. I recorded the converstation on a voice recorder of them cancelling my date. I told them I would check and see if I could get the day off for surgery on halloween. After checking my job didn't have that date open. So I emailed them saying the dr. Cancelled my surgery for the date on Oct 5. I can't reschedule. I'm requesting a refund of 500 dollars. The office emailed me back saying I'm not entitled to a refund. What is my next step to getting a refund back from this office? Do you think I'm entitled to a refund ? They cancelled my date.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
New York. I live in queens. The plastic surgeon office is in long Island, new york.
I put a deposit down for plastic surgery on June 23, 2016 to have surgery on Oct 5, 2016. I had pre-op on Sept 15, 2016. I spoke to the doctors assistant face to face and said i would pay cash on the date of the surgery. I also needed a medical clearance in order to have the surgery. I brought the medical clearance from my doctor to the plastic surgery office on my pre-op date also. It stated that I was medically cleared pending the results from a uti test after taking antibiotics for 7 days because I had an uti infection. I let the plastic surgery office know this at my pre-op date. I got the prescription for the antibiotics on Sept 20. Took them for 7 days and got retested on Sept 28. I spoke to the plastic surgery office on the pre- op date (Sept 15) and told them this is gonna be cutting it close to the surgery date because even after I take the medicine I have to be retested. I asked can we reschedule? The plastic surgery office told me no. There is no way I can reschedule they will lose out on money. If i reschedule I lose my 500 dollars deposit and the price of the surgery is changing on Oct 1. So I would have to put down another 500 dollars to keep the price at 7,500 (total price of surgery). If i reschedule I lose my 500 dollars and if I don't give another 500 dollars I would have to pay 9,500 for the surgery. I took the medicine and was retested on Sept 28. I told the plastic surgery office ok, I don't want to lose my deposit I'm not changing my date. The office told me to let them know what's going on as soon as I find everything out. I got the results from the infection back on Oct 1, 2016 on a sat. On Monday I called the plastic surgery office to say the test came back negative results. That I can have the surgery. The office tells me they took me off the calender because of the uti. She needs to speak to the doctor as of right now she doesn't think I'm on the schedule. She will call me back. She called back and said they took me off the schedule because I had an uti, I hadn't paid for the surgery in full and the doctor scheduled someone else. So now I had took off from work because the office said it was no way to reschedule and I still didn't get to have the procedure. The office told me the next day I can have the surgery is on Halloween or next year. I recorded the converstation on a voice recorder of them cancelling my date. I told them I would check and see if I could get the day off for surgery on halloween. After checking my job didn't have that date open. So I emailed them saying the dr. Cancelled my surgery for the date on Oct 5. I can't reschedule. I'm requesting a refund of 500 dollars. The office emailed me back saying I'm not entitled to a refund. What is my next step to getting a refund back from this office? Do you think I'm entitled to a refund ? They cancelled my date.
Th terms for a refund would be spelled out in your contract. Read it. If you have questions, then you may wish to have it reviewed by an attorney (contract review is beyond the scope of this forum.)

LdiJ

You got good advice from the other person who responded, but I will add something. Find another plastic surgeon for your procedure whether you get your 500.00 back or not. That one is too shady.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">