• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Please help!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

parking mess

What is the name of your state? NC
I had my car towed from a parking lot on 3/4/03. They say they towed it because I was in a reserved spot. After hearing that, I did not notice, as the letters were covered in dirt and water. I than went to pick up my car, and had to pay $290.00. On my car, was a parking ticket, stating that I was in a reserved spot, and was being charged a $50.00 fee, and if that fee was not paid within 7 days, my car would be towed. I took 27 pictures of the lot, the spot I was in, and where I deposited my money. What to do??

JETX

"I took 27 pictures of the lot, the spot I was in, and where I deposited my money. What to do??"
Get pictures developed. Put prints in album. Take album from shelve every few years and wonder, "Now, why the hell did I take THESE pictures".

JETX

Where?? I don't see a jackass.
However, I do see someone who posts a rambling diatribe about some apparent parking lot problem (not really clear on that) and then never really asks a question other than "What to do?"

Examples:
"I had my car towed from a parking lot on 3/4/03."
*** If you HAD your car towed, why are you now complaining about it. Could you really be meaning that someone ELSE towed your car away?

"After hearing that, I did not notice, as the letters were covered in dirt and water."
*** So, if the spot WAS marked as they claim, what exactly is the problem??

"On my car, was a parking ticket,"
*** By ticket, do you mean a parking citation given by law enforcement, or do you just mean some 'piece of paper'??

"and was being charged a $50.00 fee"
*** Who is charging this fee and under what authority??

See, there are just too many incomplete and confusing issues to your post for anyone to try to spend their time playing 100 questions, or what-if's with you about it. If you have a real situation, put it into clear and concise form and someone (maybe me) might just try to help.

P

parking mess

the issue is simple. i parked in a lot, fee for the spot was 5.00. 8 hours later, my car was gone. i was informed by the parking co. that my car was towed because it was in a reserved spot, and the fee to get it out of the lot would be 290.00. when i paid that fee to get my car, there was a parking ticket, issued by the parking lot, stating that i was in a reserved spot and had to pay 50.00. it also stated that if the 50.00 was not paid within 7 days, my car would be towed. so basically, they ticketed my car, i never seen the ticket because i was at work, and towed my car anyway. is that better?

P

parking mess

why dont you go screw yourself. i am on here because i have a legitimate problem, not because i just love my computer, you god damn geek

D

DRN

Well, you could always request a hearing and present your explanation with the photos and hope the judge will be understanding.

If you do that, make sure the photos are dated and were taken the day you received the ticket. Otherwise, they would say you can't prove that is what the parking space looked like on that day.

However, experience has taught me that local courts are not actually halls of justice but are more akin to a fundraising organization. They want your money.

P

parking mess

what about the ticket? they issued me a ticket that said i had 7 days to pay 50.00 before they tow my car. they went ahead and towed it before i could even read the ticket. i am disputing that part now, and they are cooperating a little better. when i told him about the ticket, he immediately said he would cut me a check for 100.00. i said no, and asked him for a faxed copy of their policies and procedures, for my defense. he than said well let me go and talk to them again.

D

DRN

I guessing that the owners of the parking lot had you towed and not the local police.

If so, take them to small claims for the entire amount you paid for towing plus costs (you can always ask for costs, just no guarantee you'll get them). As owners, they have the right to establish their own policies for their property but if they have written procedures that they themselves violated, it makes sense to try and get your money back. If you have the time to do it, do it.

It would help your cause if you got the ticket dismissed.

JETX

Wow, and I was just in the process of typing a detailed response that would likely have gotten a full refund of all the costs (including towing) and the ticket waived, when I saw your response to another respected senior member on this forum.

So, I deleted my text and replaced it with this......

With your attitude, you may get responses from people who don't know better, but you likely WON'T be getting a response from any person who respects this forum and the time and patience put in by the senior (more qualified and experienced) persons.

Take you money and pay a local attorney.

P

parking mess

Take yours and go get a prostitute, you need it buddy

JETX

Oh, so your mother and sister are still in business, eh??
Thanks for the suggestion. I guess I will drive down that old dirt road and see if I can find them down by that trailer park you live in.
Heck, they might even have a 'reserved' spot in that old parking lot!!
:)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">