• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

please help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

charles1girl

felony in small claims court? is it true

U.S state texas

i purchased a car from a privat owner in february they transfered the title into my name i took out a loan on the title but i lost my job 2 times and now
i cant pay the private owner which i still have a active contract with or the title loan. The private owner is filing a class action lawsuit on me. They said
i can be charged with theft and fraud does anyone know if this is true?
they also said that i would go to jail for this cause they supposibly say its a felony,which in turn i would loose my 5mth old daughter. is this really true if their just taking me to small claims court?

Last edited:

racer72

The private owner is filing a class action lawsuit on me.
No he isn't. A class action lawsuit involves a specific group of people suing someone on a specific issue and must be approved by a judge.

They said i can be charged with theft and fraud does anyone know if this is true?
Not true.

they also said that i would go to jail for this cause they supposibly say its a felony,which in turn i would loose my 5mth old daughter.
Again not true. Not paying on a loan is not a criminal act. You can't go to jail and will not lose your daughter. If anyone has broken the law, he has. It is illegal to threaten this type of stuff to a debtor.

is this really true if their just taking me to small claims court?
None of it's true. Tell the judge what this liar has said. Most judges do not like illegal threats to be made folks being sued.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">