• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

please help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

yaninaegarcia

i have no idea where to post this , im from canada, but really i just want to know a general answer or guidance. anything helps.My brother was dating this girl who oringinally he met in canada, but she was later kicked out of the country and now resides either in chile or argentina (her whereabouts are unknown). They had an online relationship for over two years. Dduring the time immagration took her out of the counrty, she had asked my brother for a loan for a "flight" and living expenses that she would need once she goes back to argentina, that she verbally agreed to paying him back. Time went on, and the decided to get married. my brother was going to go to argentina to marry her, but she had asked him first to send some money over for wedding expenses. it turns out she has been lying to him, had no intention of marrying him and had stolen about 10,000 dollars from my brother that was supposeduly for the wedding, and loan that he gave her. currently she had blocked him from contacting her. I just wanted to know if there was an legal way of forcing to pay him back, as she broke a verbal agreement, and promise that that moeny was for their marriage. it just seemed like she conned him. its not so much about the money, its more about getting her to pay for the hurt shes caused.

Proserpina

i have no idea where to post this , im from canada, but really i just want to know a general answer or guidance. anything helps.My brother was dating this girl who oringinally he met in canada, but she was later kicked out of the country and now resides either in chile or argentina (her whereabouts are unknown). They had an online relationship for over two years. Dduring the time immagration took her out of the counrty, she had asked my brother for a loan for a "flight" and living expenses that she would need once she goes back to argentina, that she verbally agreed to paying him back. Time went on, and the decided to get married. my brother was going to go to argentina to marry her, but she had asked him first to send some money over for wedding expenses. it turns out she has been lying to him, had no intention of marrying him and had stolen about 10,000 dollars from my brother that was supposeduly for the wedding, and loan that he gave her. currently she had blocked him from contacting her. I just wanted to know if there was an legal way of forcing to pay him back, as she broke a verbal agreement, and promise that that moeny was for their marriage. it just seemed like she conned him. its not so much about the money, its more about getting her to pay for the hurt shes caused.

Even though this forum is for US law only, I think it's safe to say that your brother was simply scammed and has no legal recourse.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">