• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Please help - California Small Claims

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jerry83919

California.

Specifically, I went to an aribtration claim with an opposing party, even though I was not required to. I won arbitration. However, during arbitration opposing side made a counter-claim against me which was actionable by me, but I didn't pursue it in that forum.

I filed a claim in small claims court for that action and won a small judgement. Opposing party filed a motion to vacate judgement and dismiss stating we went to an arbitration session that was "final and binding".

The judge was completely biased and did not follow even follow the law. If someone does not bring up a claim for a seperate issue, can they bring it up again in small claims court?

And since I was plaintiff and lost the motion to vacate judgement filed on behalf of defendant, when I appeal, will this get kicked out of the small claims arena to Superior court circuit?

Any words of wisdom would be appreciated, thanks.

Jerry

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">