• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Please Help,I need advice,Personal Property

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Bluejean8

What is the name of your state? Colorado/England
Hello,Sorry A long story....
I live in England and my ex lives in Colorado.
We were both married to others when we met .
Because of his abnornal behaviour I have refused to get a devorce over here.
I left clothing and personal items with him in the usa.
I put up with his continued verbal abuse over the internet and on the telelphone in this 4 year period,and because he wouldn't stop his nasty behaviour,I refused to go back there for good and marry him.( while I was with him in Colorado on my 2nd visit for a 3 month period his verbal abuse happend Again with us "face to face" and again also while he was drunk in front of his friends/family members also...I gave him over and over actual proof that I was with no one else,as he loved to argue and accuse me that I was.
Everytime he was nasty I refused to talk with him,it got so bad that he had his friends in Colorado write very cruel emails to me containing lies about me,I still have the emails they sent.
I sent all his stuff back at great cost,including his valuable Mother's 10 stone diamond ring. which he told me that I "treated like s**t"....I never did that,I wore it with pride,but he thought so much of his mom's ring that he "pawned" it twice.
I can't afford to pay for mine,I took lots there with me as I thought I was going to live there.is it down to me to pay after sending his stuff when he demanded them?.
This was a 4 year relationship, I went over there twice,took most of my things on the second visit,but he is just refusing to send anything back,I don't even know for sure if he still has my stuff,as he has refused now to send me any photo proof that my stuff is there,but continally wrote me emails to tell me I have to get my stuff out of his home....but also tells me that All of my stuff is hanging in his closet,I heard from him that his girlfriend told him to take my pictures off his walls and get rid of my stuff.
I am so sick of this mans lies and constant running back to me crying when he has a problem there,he told me on the telephone one time that he can't drive as he had a "revoked" license, but then he says he was picking his girlfriends children up from school after lieing to me that he was going to the Va Hospital for his appointments?.
He wrecked his car,rang me told me about it and said he was scared because there was a warrant out for his arrest because of his "revoked" license.
He called me one day crying that he had something bad to tell me...that he was getting his Meds from the Va Hospital and selling them to others where he lives?....again I think all he can do is lie over and over just for the effect it has on me over here.
In the 4 years we had this relationship,he never once came to visit my family in England and not once has my family had any contact with his family..he has never met my family face to face like I met his.
I only found out about his other girlfriend when he accidentaly sent me his loving email to her,he was in a 4 month relationship with this new woman while continally telling me on the phone and in emails that he loved me and wanted me.
My husband had told him on the phone that he would devorce me and also told him that he hoped he would take good care of me...but my husband saw that there was something very wrong with my ex...his accusations of me..controlling behaviour of me,I had to account to him for whatever I was doing,I never went out at all, I had to spend 10 hours daily on my computer talking with him and another hour every night on the phone with him.,I was often in tears because of the things I was being accused of that were not true.
My ex even sent my husband nasty emails about me,he still has these emails also.
Everyone over here in my family say that my ex just wanted me over there to live for my money that I would get from my devorce,his devorce from his wife had no money,but he had debts....anything I have repeated back to my ex of things he has told me..he has denied.
He tells me I have to pay all costs to get anything of mine back.
It seems that all I have done with this man is pay out.
I told my ex over and over " I would rather be ignored by my husband,than be with someone who verbally abuses and accuses me".
Please do not think I have some kind of "kinky" relationship with my husband and "other" men as that is not the case....I was,still am married for 30 years up to the time now**************.I met my husband when I was 16 years old,I never once was in any relationship with any other man until I met this man.
My very good character has been sliced and diced by my ex and his friends with emails and phone calls accusing me of all sorts of things......in the 4 years while I was here living in my home,it was because I own half of this property**************.I met this man,fell in love.
I know I have been stupid being involved with this man...but I Believed Everything he told me,how true he was to me,how much he loved me,how he would never hurt me.
Everyone over there has believed what my ex has told them...not one of his friends or family members have ever spoken to mine to find out the real reason I never devorced and went to him.
Would I need to explain all this to the police over there,would they be able help me with getting my property back?.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">