• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Please help me get my things back...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

SKel

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Pennsylvania.
I recently broke things off with my then fiance. I offered to give him the ring back, but he refused so I kept it. I've tried to collect about a $1000's worth of camping gear from him, collect on a credit card($300) that I got and cancelled and he's refusing to do anything till he gets his ring back. I will gladly give him back his ring when I receive my things and payment for the credit card. About a month before I left him, he had gotten arrested, while driving my car, and now owes the court a $1500 fine and a year's probation. He blames me for his getting busted with drugs because he was pulled over because of the tint on my car's windows. He wants the ring back to pay off his fines, but just purchased a used camper that cost $500. He won't give me back what is rightfully mine because whatever I left at his place is rightfully his now. "I shouldn't have broken up with him if I wanted my things back!" He also has camping gear that is my 5 yo daughter's. No she is not his child, thank God! I left him because he became very obsessed with me. Climbing on my roof top at 2 in the morning to make sure I'm in bed, call and text me about 500 times a day, he'd even steal my dirty underwear from my laundry basket. I haven't gotten any protection orders against him, but I desparately want my things back so I can get on with my life. Can anyone give me sound advice as to what I should do? It will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Last edited:

Antigone*

You can sue him, but be ready for a counter-suit (the ring).

$1000 isn't really that much to lose if you get the guy out of your life (chalk it up to a learning experience). I would personally call it a day, give the idiot back his ring and move on - but then again that's just me.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">