• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Please help me, I really need some advice

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

zkstein

California,

Hi, I was in an acting class where I paid monthly, the billing deadline, however was always in the middle of month. Meaning that if I were to drop the class I would still have paid for two weeks without getting those classes. In October I gave my two weeks notice and still went to the class, the teacher had been been informed of my decision and in the middle of her feedback berated,and harassed me for trying to leave and embarrassed me in front of the whole class, talking about my finances and how I should make it work, even though I didn't have a steady income. It's about a 5 minute rant where I burst into tears and have the whole thing on tape. I reluctantly went back to the class. I don't care about this. My issue is that recently I tried to leave the class because I lost my job, I found out about past the two week mark, this was over the break also, so I wasn't in class. Now the class is trying to make me pay the monthly $255 fee, even though I can't afford and have not actually taken these classes, they have threatened to take this further if they have to. I feel like they are trying to scare me into giving them money. I did sign a contract but I feel taken advantage of and I simply don't have the money to give them, I don't think that I should have to especially considering that I have not gone to, or benefited from the classes of this said month. I would appreciate some guidance and advice.

Silverplum

California,

Hi, I was in an acting class where I paid monthly, the billing deadline, however was always in the middle of month. Meaning that if I were to drop the class I would still have paid for two weeks without getting those classes. In October I gave my two weeks notice and still went to the class, the teacher had been been informed of my decision and in the middle of her feedback berated,and harassed me for trying to leave and embarrassed me in front of the whole class, talking about my finances and how I should make it work, even though I didn't have a steady income. It's about a 5 minute rant where I burst into tears and have the whole thing on tape. I reluctantly went back to the class. I don't care about this. My issue is that recently I tried to leave the class because I lost my job, I found out about past the two week mark, this was over the break also, so I wasn't in class. Now the class is trying to make me pay the monthly $255 fee, even though I can't afford and have not actually taken these classes, they have threatened to take this further if they have to. I feel like they are trying to scare me into giving them money. I did sign a contract but I feel taken advantage of and I simply don't have the money to give them, I don't think that I should have to especially considering that I have not gone to, or benefited from the classes of this said month. I would appreciate some guidance and advice.
You are bound to the contract you signed, or to the penalties for breaking it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">