• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Please Help With An Old Landlord Stalking Me

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jjmanos

My X-boyfriend's landlord is trying to sue me in small claims for unpaid rent and damages to the property. I lived there for 1 and 1/2 yrs and was on the lease when we first moved in. But we split apart and I moved out, my X signed a new lease with just him on it cause the old lease had expired. Now 10 months later my X's landlord followed me home from work and seen where I lived and contacted my landlord from home records at city hall and told her totally false allegations about me and my X. He also called me numerous times and even went to my mother's house! Small claims dismissed the case against me but he is appealing, what can I do to stop this man from harassing me??? Please, can someone HELP?? Thank You, Laura Monroe MIWhat is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

John_DFW

Have your mother send him a trespass warning sent certified return receipt.

Don't answer the phone when he calls. You could request a temporary restraining order, but it really doesn't appear that the actions really warrant it, and will take up more of your time.

If you are represented by an attorney, all of his contact should be to the attorney.

Some states allow either tenant or landlord restitution for lawsuits filed for the purpose of harassment, but keep in mind that it may be difficult to prove intent.

BL

My X-boyfriend's landlord is trying to sue me in small claims for unpaid rent and damages to the property. I lived there for 1 and 1/2 yrs and was on the lease when we first moved in. But we split apart and I moved out, my X signed a new lease with just him on it cause the old lease had expired. Now 10 months later my X's landlord followed me home from work and seen where I lived and contacted my landlord from home records at city hall and told her totally false allegations about me and my X. He also called me numerous times and even went to my mother's house! Small claims dismissed the case against me but he is appealing, what can I do to stop this man from harassing me??? Please, can someone HELP?? Thank You, Laura Monroe MIWhat is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

If he calls again or follows you contact the police .Ask the officer to call him to warn him you do not want him to contact you in anyway even through 3rd parties , and if he does he can be arrested.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">